Monday 8 September 2014

Teacher's Day....to do or not to do....

Teacher’s Day

I am back on public demand. Now, don’t get the wrong idea, I was not in jail or something (My current boss, however thinks I should be in a straight jacket). I have not written any article for a loooong time.  Now I am back (Good things don’t last for long friend).
What should I write about is least of my concerns right now(I don’t know why that is important).  Recently I saw our NAMO on TV talking to students.  I thought to myself (Not aloud, there were people around) why would PM of our nation want to talk to students of our nation.  He should be out talking to students of other nations.  Our children have already gone bad.  You don’t trust me? Look around you, the kind of parents you see should tell you something.
So, here is our PM talking to the next generation and telling them how important education is. I wanted to shout at him “They are already in school……tell them something different”.   Then my wife asked me to pipe down .  So much for freedom of speech. He was talking to students on Teacher’s day.  Shouldn’t he be talking to teachers?  Telling them how bad they are, etc?

What next, will he be talking to AAP on Gandhi jayanthi?. Come on, who is his PR? Who gave him this idea? I can do better than him anyday (No comments please).

This is not getting us anywhere (Not that there was a goal to this article).  So, lets talk about Teacher’s day. It is celebrated on 5th Sept. Which year you ask? Every year you dumbass.  Why do we celebrate you ask? Google it junkie!!!!

Pakistan and Russia celebrate teacher’s day on October 5 (again every year) and UK too.  That should tell you something about these people.

On teacher’s day, we remember Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Second president of our great nation.
I happen to witness teacher's day at schools closely on several occasions.

None of the events at any school was about him, they were about what is wrong with India, it was about students knowing the pain of teachers, everything but about that great personality who should be remembered. In the years that we have been celebrating this great day, the essence of it has gone.  Right after school day, I happen to ask a few “Bright” students what the hullabaloo was about and they had no clue.


Come on schools!!!! Don’t lose perspective. Our PM may have forgotten to mention but you cannot afford this miss.  Our kids need to remember the great personality called Bharatha Ratna Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, his achievements, ideals and what he taught westerners about our culture and religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment